Monday, September 10, 2007

Last Week's Projie


Our dining room chairs had been bothering me for… a good 4 years! I had been waiting for a budget to go and buy some fantastic red brocade, or something equally magnificent to recover them in. They had been a funny shade of green for far too long – which matched the dishes that you can see in the pictures. Anyway – last Monday I walked past the dining room one too many times, and decided that I MUST have SOMETHING in my fabric cupboards that would be better than staring at green for one more day! So off I went to dig through the piles…

Found this dark purple – in the same fabric that the green was – so I knew it would upholster and wear well. NOT that purple is my thing…but I just snapped, and it was the best option I had! Within a few hours the dining room was looking better, and I used the remaining scrap of purple fabric to make a table runner. All in all – I am quite pleased with it! Should have done it years ago!! ;-D

No comments: