Monday, September 10, 2007

Ego is a bitch...




So the tile guys seemed to have difficulty fitting the border tiles back together – had it all messed up, and then left to go for lunch. So, me being me, I ripped out the ones that were in the wrong place, and got it all sorted out – ended up that in all reality, they would not fit back together without being cut… but in the process of seeing how much I had to chip off, a tile FELL and broke into… say… 15 pieces. NOT joking. Anyway – then I decided to just go for it – nothing to be lost now! So one tile has a bit of a “mosaic” effect – but I say who cares – the darn thing wasn’t going to fit, anyway!

The tile guys came back a couple hours later to find their work completed – OOPS! And they are ONLY replacing the tiles that had fallen off – so we are left with a white square, instead of butchering the entire kitchen. (phew). I figure I will let Meer loose with a dozen or so permanent markers – make it into an art wall! Ha ha ha!!

Anyway – my hands are actually PRUNED. I even put lotion on 3 times so far – IMAGINE. Had to cut my nails to get the dirt out from under them too! :-O

No comments: