Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Pink Baby Blanket


Until all the paperwork and WAITING is over, I am hell bent on keeping busy! I found this stellar wool last weekend when I was trolling for sewing notions on Biashara street. It was all together too expensive, but when I saw the pink with GREEN flecks in it – who could resist?? I could only afford 2 balls at the time, so am making the smallest blanket that is still usable, with the intention of edging it with a crochet pattern of some sort to increase the size once I know how big it will finally be, etc.

I started with 100 stitches across, and then a border of 10 knit stitch on each end of the rows – to make a border of some sort.

I was leery to start purling, but turns out I am faster at that than I am at knitting! Who knew!!

Now all I have to do is get this house put back together, and then I will have a chance at getting it all done before life gets too busy again… fingers crossed for that one!!!

No comments: